From Alexander McQueen to Michaela Jedinak, British designers have given us a stunning dress for every shape, style and occasion. And since there’s no such thing as having too many dresses, let yourself be tempted by our best of British dresses edit
Popularised in the swinging 60s, mini dresses are here to stay. Season favourites include bold patterns and lacier, more delicate looks – so whether you’re after an eye-catching party dress, or a fun daytime look, let your personality shine through.
1. Rumour London sheer dress, £169. Buy now
2. Rixo summer mini dress, £215. Buy now
3. Alexander McQueen Jacquard knitted dress, £1,695. Buy now
4. Alexander McQueen ruffled tulle dress, £4095. Buy now
5 J. W. Anderson bow-embellished dress, £525. Buy now
Effortlessly stylish, midi dresses exude sophistication. Versatility is the key – be equally fabulous both at work and when going out in these ultra-flattering midi dresses.
1. Joseph silk stripe shirting dress, £495. Buy now
2. Joseph satin stretch midi dress, £495. Buy now
3. Michaela Jedinak Inez dress, £650. Buy now
4. L. K. Bennett silk dress, £275. Buy now
5. Michaela Jedinak animal print dress, £680. Buy now
Look your best in these statement maxi dresses and make a lasting impression. Dress to impress – choose either a loose fitting brighter dress perfect for a summer day or a bolder, more elegant piece ideal for evening wear.
1. Topshop maxi dress, £69. Buy now
2. Raey smocked cami dress, £995. Buy now
3. Alexander McQueen full length knot dress, £1,845. Buy now
4. Galvan London satin gown, £1,195. Buy now
5. Maria Grachvogel silk maxi dress, £580. Buy now
Main image: Stella McCartney (left) and Alexander McQueen