These classic drinks have been reinvented with a romantic, botanical twist. Below is a selection of sophisticated Valetine’s cocktail recipes that will impress your date on February 14th.
We recommend the premium tonic range, The London Essence Co. The tonic range is the first all-light mixer collection, and includes Classic London Tonic (made with juniper), Grapefruit and Rosemary tonic, Bitter Orange and Elderflower tonic and Delicate Ginger Ale. The skillfully distilled mixers have been created to enhance the flavour of their chosen spirit, and make the perfect cocktail.
Aromatic Cherry V&T
1. Put some ice in a glass
2. Pour the vodka over ice and top with tonic
3. Slice one cherry before placing in the drink so the colour disperses into a pale pink
The Elder Statesman
1. Take a cocktail shaker, fill with ice and Cognac, lime and honey.
2. Close and shake vigorously for 10/15 seconds.
3. Strain over ice into a glass and top with LEC Ginger Ale.
4. Garnish with a star anise soaked in Cassis.
1. Create the grapefruit dust by grating a pink grapefruit and ‘glue’ to the glass with lime juice.
2. Pour the damson jam, elderflower cordial and Campari into a cocktail shaker, add ice, and shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
3. Strain into a flute and top with the tonic.
The Dark Side
1. Create the chocolate salt by mixing sea salt with cocoa powder.
2. Stick to the rim of the glass using lime juice.
3. Pour the Reposadao Tequila over ice and top up with the Bitter Orange and Elderflower Tonic.
1. Pour the rum over ice
2. Top with Classic London Tonic.